Ingredients 600 g carrots 2 celery stalks 1 ½ litres of tap water 250 g red split lentils (bag 900 g, Valle del sole) 3 chicken bouillon tablets 6 tbsp olive oil 15 g coriander 250 g haddock fillet 1 tablespoon za'atar (Spice melange, can of 65 g) 1 orange (schoongeboend) 1 ½ tbsp harissa (herbal pasta, jar 100 g)
1) Peel the carrots and cut into slices. Cut the celery in loops.
2) bring the water, the carrot, celery, lentils and broth tablets in a large pan to boil. Let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
3) do 4 tbsp oil, coriander, pepper and salt in a high Cup and mash with a hand blender to pesto.
4) cut the fish into 4 pieces, sprinkle with the za'atar and brush with the remaining oil. Heat a frying pan with no oil or butter and fry the fish in 4 mins until tender. Once halfway through.
5) Grate the Orange rind of the Orange and press Meanwhile half out. 6) take the pan with vegetables from heat and puree the soup with a hand blender. Season with the harissa and the zest and juice from the Orange. Serve the soup with coriander pesto and fried fish.
Variatietip: Instead of red lentils, you can also use 250 g split peas.